Feisty Floridian (@Feisty_FL)1 is one of the most influential right-wing accounts on Twitter. While she currently has about 33k Twitter followers, her tweets regularly get hundreds and sometimes thousands of retweets.
Early in her account history, she supported the Tea Party and attacked Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. 5
Top Influencer in the 2016 Election
Under her old handle (@peddoc63) she was named #69 in a list of top 100 influencers in the 2016 election.6
Her @peddoc63 account suspended by Twitter for unknown reasons. She came back as @Feisty_FL in 2018.7 This is similar to other prominent right-wing accounts such as @ilDonaldoTrumpo, which Twitter has also allowed to restart under a new handle after being banned.
We’ve investigated Feisty Floridian’s views under both her past and present Twitter accounts. In addition to her support for the Tea Party, she has a number of other interesting views.
Biden an Illegitimate President
Is this what DC looks like When a constitutionally elected POTUS is inaugurated or is this what it looks like when someone is placed into power against the will of the people? pic.twitter.com/RRwfv9lo4f
— Feisty☀️Floridian (@Feisty_FL) January 16, 2021
This tweet10 was concerning as it appears to support, “rebellion” in combination with a gun emoji. Unfortunately the linked image is unavailable so we don’t have the complete context.
Feisty Floridian has demonstrated strong anti-FBI views. She has attacked them on numerous occasions11 and even accused them of treason as in the tweet below.
Can you believe we are paying these clowns in the DOJ and FBI with our tax dollars to commit treason against us! Release the Documents! #RodRosenstein
— Feisty☀️Floridian (@Feisty_FL) June 28, 2018
She has also expressed strong Anti-Islam views. Below is an example of a tweet she retweeted12
Pro Ted Cruz
‘Democrats are Terrorists’
She has referred to democrats as, “terrorists” as can be seen from the Tweet below.
My mother just called me, she told me the news told her that Trump is taking away her social security. I can’t believe this bullshit, scaring seniors. Democrats are terrorists.
— Feisty☀️Floridian (@Feisty_FL) September 20, 2020
From her other tweets available from the Internet Archive and still live on Twitter, it’s clear she is pro-life/anti-abortion, very pro-Trump, and very anti-Obama and Hillary.
Shared by Russia
Known Russian troll accounts have appreciated Feisty Floridian’s content. They mentioned her @peddoc63 account at least 312 times with retweets of her content.15 These Tweets are available for viewing here. One of her tweets appears to be one of the most shared Tweets by Russian troll accounts16 and was apparently the 27th most mentioned user by Russian Trolls17 .
Further research would be needed to determine if there is any direct connection between Feisty Floridian and the Russian government18, and the Russian accounts may have been sharing her content (including recommending people attend an event of hers)19 because it was highly divisive and pro-Trump, which harmonized with the goals of their influence operation.
That is interesting, because her highly divisive account currently pins a tweet which claims to be against division.
I’m out and about and I look around me I see Americans, black, white, asian, latinos, all laughing and getting along.
I’m sick and tired of politicians and the media gaslighting, provoking and dividing us.
— Feisty☀️Floridian (@Feisty_FL) April 16, 2021
- Feisty Floridian Twitter Profile
- As she admits in this tweet. Backup Screenshot
- The Internet Archive, Way Back Machine (see created date)
- The Internet Archive, Way Back Machine
- Example of Tea Party Support, see full Web Archive for More
- Lab for Social Machines Medium Post: Who’s Influencing Election 2016?
- First @Feisty_FL Tweet still live on Twitter.
- Jan 16th, 2021 Tweet
- Similar tweets here and here.
- Web Archive
- Example 1, 2
- Saved by the Internet Archive here. The page appears to have been crawled from a non-US IP which is why some of the text is not in English. However, this is from the correct @peddoc63 account.
- Original profile via Internet Archive
- This tweet was widely shared by Russian trolls who credited her with it. We wrote, “appears to have written” because we cannot confirm with certainty that she was its original author.
- From The Russia Tweets which were released in conjunction with FiveThirtyEight who pulled Tweets from known Internet Research Agency accounts.
- See mention of @peddoc63 here.
- See this graph
- Her profile photos appear to be consistent. Here’s another… see above @peddoc63 profile for the other, however, it may be worth exploring her connection further. Raw data of Russian back tweets may show even more mentions of her. Raw data uploaded by Five Thirty Eight may show additional retweets of her content
- Russia Tweets, June 4, 2015